Manager of Feed Mill Operations - USA
Thursday, January 21, 2021
Green Plains is looking for a feed mill manager to oversee daily operations of the Optimal Aquafeed feed mill activities including feed manufacturing, ingredient and finished feeds inventories, equipment maintenance and operations, management of feed mill staff and overall responsibility for feed mill QA/QC activities. Duties include the manufacturing of extruded commercial production aquafeeds, as well as R&D testing, feeds for the testing of novel feed formulations and feed ingredients in the Company’s own aquatic laboratory as well as in larger-scale commercial trials.
- Effectively lead the feed mill team by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training team members.
- Oversee overall quality systems and train in the facility. Plan, organize and control company QA/QC standards to ensure every product meets company and customer expectations.
- Address complaints, review product non-conformance and implement required preventative and corrective actions.
- Ensure specialized aquafeeds are manufactured and evaluated during processing at the feed mill.
- Manage supervisory activities that include scheduling, delegation, career development, coaching and performance management to execute departmental strategies and support company objectives effectively.
- Facilitate communication between Optimal staff, management and Green Plains employees regarding any issues related to feed mill operations.
- Maintain appropriate inventories of feed ingredients and finished feeds.
- Direct routine maintenance, reconditioning and assembly of feed mill equipment.
- Respond promptly to any escalated feed mill issues, including availability after hours and weekends.
- Direct and ensure accurate processing of customer orders and feed shipments.
- Promote continuous improvement by optimizing processes, teams and systems collaboration across all levels of the organization.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties to maintain a clean/tour-ready work environment at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- Participate in safety, health, environmental and ongoing training programs.
- BS in biology, food science, or related fields preferred.
- Knowledge of either commercial feed manufacturing or fish feeding experience. First-hand knowledge and experience as an operator of extrusion-based feed manufacturing preferred.
- Five years of supervisory and managerial experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Regulations and Safety/Compliance Codes of Practice.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures for pumps, valves, motors and conveyors.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and person.
- Ability to understand technical and day-to-day operation of a feed mill facility.
- Ability to work independently with urgency and meet deadlines.
- Maintain positive professional relationships, both internal and external.
- Basic skill level of Microsoft Office Suite and the capability of learning new programs.
- Valid driver's license.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable regulatory requirements of FRA, TTB, FSMA, state and federal regulations.
More information and application here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.