Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Wilbur-Ellis is looking for a merchant feed commodities to provide the company with consistent service to customers and suppliers by effectively managing purchase contracts for an assigned geographical region, or specific ingredients and develop sustainable relationships to promote growth, manage risk, and present opportunities for growth in the designated area.
- Build relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Promote company name/reputation in the marketplace.
- Collect market information and gain comprehensive knowledge about the ingredients.
- Manage risk by operating within established guidelines.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Develop and communicate a strategy for their area of responsibility.
- Manage key aspects for the execution of the business including working capital metrics as outlined by the company.
- Two or more years’ work experience in origination, with a bachelor’s degree in agribusiness/ag economics or other related disciplines, and/or an appropriate combination of experience and education.
- Overnight business travel, including occasional travel by airplane.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, suppliers and coworkers.
- Attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and exceptional organization skills.
- Creative thinker who can build a business and generate new ideas.
- Follow corporate direction and policies promoting excellence.
- Be assertive and able to accept rejection.
- Knowledge of industry markets.
For more information and application here.