Research Scientist in Fish Nutrition - Canada
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies (CAT) is seeking a research scientist in fish nutrition in Souris, PE. The successful candidate will be customer-focused and experienced in applied animal nutrition research. CAT is looking for a pragmatic team player, who has a proven track record of delivery, unafraid to get their hands dirty and has the ambition to match our own ambitions.
- Participate in the development of the project rationale including the use of literature and research databases to build project proposals and budget.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for communication of scientific results through the publication of articles in peer-reviewed journals and trade magazines, and presentation on abstracts at scientific meetings.
- Conduct histological examination of fish tissues using microscopy and apply histological techniques (fixation, embedding, sectioning, staining and mounting).
- Work both independently and as part of a team to achieve a research objective. The successful candidate may be responsible for the supervision of interns and aquaculture technologists
- Manage research projects on nutrient digestibility, feed efficiency, growth performance with fresh/marine cold/warm water species.
- Carry out data acquisition, analysis, interpretation and reporting/verification of results.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to set objectives and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Exhibit an ability to troubleshoot and propose creative solutions to technical problems encountered during the conduct of scientific research.
- Good team player with the ability to both supervise and respond well to supervision.
- A minimum university degree including aquaculture, animal nutrition, animal biology. Masters or PhD seen as an advantage, but not essential.
- Histology experience.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting including responsibility for documenting tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
- Research experience in a strictly controlled regulatory environment will be considered an asset.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Foster a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
- Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
This is a full-time, permanent position. CAT offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Send CV and resume and provide the contact information for three references to email@example.com with “Research Scientist in Fish Nutrition – Souris PE” as the subject line. Closing date is May 31, 2021 or until the position is filled.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.