Extruder Operator - USA
Thursday, June 17, 2021
Wilbur Ellis is looking for an extruder operator to assist in the production of aquaculture feed products, quality control, maintenance, and facility cleanliness in daily activities. The roles of the plant operator vary based on experience and expertise. This role may include operating equipment such as an extruder, grinder, mixer, pellet machine, or working in the warehouse. These roles also include packaging, filling assisting in the formulation, or housekeeping. Candidates are well-driven self-starters that can work with a close-knit team to meet the customers demand efficiently.
- Work production line according to production scheduled production job.
- Inspect all materials for cleanliness and integrity. Report any issues before processing
- Manage documentation as required in all aspects of job duties.
- Learn and train all roles required at the plant (mixing, bagging, forklift, container loading, etc.).
- Operate processing equipment as outlined in SOP’s.
- Maintain facility cleanliness throughout all operations.
- Perform quality control while handling products.
- Accurately document tasks performed (processing, maintenance, cleaning, etc.).
- Reporting safety/food safety problems to management, up to and including stopping a production line.
- Maintain all current training's.
- Comply with all Food Safety Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, FDA and OSHA guidelines, as well as Federal and State laws governing the workplace.
- Work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook.
- Comply with all Food Safety Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, FDA and OSHA guidelines as well as federal and state laws governing the workplace.
- Perform other duties assigned by management professionally and efficiently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required.
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift and other equipment as required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity must be able to be on your feet for long periods and must be able to work in a production environment.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions and complete necessary documentation. The ability to read and write English is required.
- Willing to work overtime hours as needed.
- Driven, self-motivated.
- Team player.
- Strong sense of integrity and accountability.
- Great attendance.
More information here.
See below other Wilbur Ellis job openings.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.