Associate R&D Director - China
Monday, July 5, 2021
Kemin is looking for an associate R&D director to support product development projects through scientific methodologies.
- Explore scientific literature, utilize information from the technology acquisitions group and the commercial landscape for new nascent products to be licensed or brought into Kemin through acquisition.
- Establish collaborations with universities/other research institutions in China for collaborative research, product testing trials and licensing of new molecules/ technologies for Kemin.
- Explore and network new opportunities in the field of aquaculture within and outside of China and develop new products/technologies through acquisition, co-development and collaborations.
- Lead and manage cross-functional projects in PIP and meet the product launch timelines
- Provide timely project updates and reports to the R&D director and to others under the direction of R&D director.
- Develop and manage facilities including the R&D Aqua lab in Zhuhai.
- Lead the R&D team in China and collaborate with R&D global team on projects as per requirements.
- Write technical papers, peer-reviewed papers for journals and patents.
- Represent KAQ in scientific meetings externally and internally and in customer meetings and conferences.
- Mentor team members in accountability for deliverables, estimates, planning, follow up and tracking of various projects.
- Perform annual performance review of staff, addressing personnel issues and solving problems.
- PhD in aquaculture or related field with 5-10 years of research and leadership experience in China and/elsewhere.
- Working knowledge and expertise in aquaculture of various species in China, nutrition and feed technology, hatchery and broodstock technology, farming practices.
- Basic knowledge in microbiology, chemistry/biochemistry, enzymology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a proven scientific publication record.
More information here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.