Research Scientist Fish Nutrition - Canada
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies is seeking a research scientist in fish nutrition in Souris, PE. The successful candidate will be customer-focused and experienced in applied animal nutrition research. Priority will be given to candidates with experience in digestive and/or muscle histology. They must be independent, creative thinkers with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the development of the project rationale including the use of literature and research databases to build project proposals and budget.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for communication of scientific results through the publication of articles in peer-reviewed journals and trade magazines and presentation on abstracts at scientific meetings.
- Conduct histological examination of fish tissues using microscopy and apply histological techniques (fixation, embedding, sectioning, staining, and mounting).
- Work both independently and as part of a team to achieve a research objective. The successful candidate may be responsible for the supervision of interns and aquaculture technologists.
- Manage research projects on nutrient digestibility, feed efficiency, growth performance with fresh/marine cold/warm water species.
- Carry out data acquisition, analysis, interpretation, and reporting/verification of results.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to set objectives and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot and propose creative solutions to technical problems encountered during the conduct of scientific research.
- A minimum university degree in either aquaculture, animal nutrition or animal biology. Masters or PhD seen as an advantage, but not essential.
- Histology experience.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting including responsibility for documenting tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
- Research experience in a strictly controlled regulatory environment will be considered an asset.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
For more information and to apply, visit aquatechcenter.com/career/research-scientist-in-fish-nutrition.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.