Researcher Fish Nutrition - Norway
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
The Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences (IHA), Faculty of Biosciences, at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has a vacant full-time, two-year researcher position in fish nutrition, with possibilities for extension depending on available funding.
The researcher will participate in fish experiments funded by various collaborative projects as well as Foods of Norway. The position is linked to several Foods of Norway’s spin-off projects such as Oil4Feed and the Nordic project NORDICFEED which focus on novel proteins produced from natural resources. The research projects involve evaluating novel fish feed solutions in experiments with Atlantic salmon. The focus will be on ingredient processing, feed optimization, feed manufacturing, technical feed quality, growth performance and fish health.
- Formulate diets and participate in the production of extruded or pelleted fish feed.
- Design and conduct growth performance and health experiments with Atlantic salmon.
- Study the impact of novel feed solutions on feed processing and manufacture, fish growth performance and health.
- Participate in downstream processing of novel feed ingredients.
- Process and perform statistical analysis of data.
- Generate scientific publications.
- PhD degree or equivalent in aquaculture, animal or biological science. Candidates from other disciplines, e.g. biorefinery processing or veterinary science, may also be considered.
- Research experience with nutritional and physiological experiments with farmed monogastric animals or fish, preferably on salmonids.
- Experience with feed optimization and feed manufacture.
- Experience with statistical analysis of data (e.g. use of R, Graphpad, SAS).
- Hands-on experience with handling of animals/fish, collecting data and sampling of blood, organs and tissues for analysis of biological responses in nutritional studies.
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English
More information here. Deadline is November 15, 2021.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.