Aquaculture Nutritionist - Canada
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Cooke Aquaculture is seeking an aquaculture nutritionist to join its team at Truro, Nova Scotia office.
- New ingredient assessment and fish feed development with a keen focus on diets for Salmonids, Sea Bass, Sea Bream, and Shrimp
- Key role in feed formulation and ongoing formulation development and support for feed mill operations
- Quality control-monitoring and improvements of both raw material ingredients and finished feeds
- Feed mill process improvement. Supports the assessment of new manufacturing equipment and processing procedures
- Keen desire to be involved in problem-solving details and any performance or production issues.
- Research and Development in fish trial data collection and assessment.
- Work with and provide feed nutrition-related information to marine farming, hatchery, processing and sales groups within the Cooke Aquaculture group of companies. Help ensure that Cooke Aquaculture products meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Post-secondary education in aquaculture (preferred) or agriculture nutrition and food animal production.
- Experience and/or training in formulation systems-preferably Brill.
- Knowledge in applied food production nutrition systems.
- Experience in aquaculture and/or other production species (i.e. poultry).
- Feed ingredient assessment knowledge and capabilities.
- Knowledge of feed mill operations.
- Experience with quality control and process improvement.
For more information and to apply, visit careers-cooke.icims.com.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.