Director of Operations - USA
Thursday, October 14, 2021
Wilbur Ellis is looking for a director of operations to oversee all manufacturing aspects of multiple locations, including facilities management, quality, project management, facility operation, food safety, regulatory compliance, environmental health, safety and security, direct and indirect spend, warehousing, inventory control, material handling, and for all of these, long term planning.
As a member of the Operations Leadership team, you will be responsible for the development and execution of the strategic plan for the operations components of an animal feed nutrition company that supports the overall division strategy.
- Five to ten years of experience in management in a feed mill/manufacturing setting.
- Strong technical knowledge of feed manufacturing and feed production practices, extruded aquafeed (preferable) and/or pet manufacturing experience will be a strong differentiator.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant industry-related field (can be supplemented with significant experience).
- Strong and polished communicator with a “thick skin” who can bring together people with different opinions and functional experiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple operations across a wide geographic footprint. Experience in designing and managing a network of facilities is desired.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage projects, facilitate training, process development, and problem solve in a decentralized work environment.
- Experience in successfully implementing cost savings activities and programs.
- Ensure the absolute best quality under requirements for the product manufactured as the customer evaluates it.
- Formulate policies, manage daily operations and plan the use of materials and human resources.
- Direct and coordinate activities of managers or departments concerned with the production, purchase, distribution of products, food safety, and customer service.
- Establish administrative controls and metrics to evaluate and maintain performance objectives. Determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Operate expense management to include the establishment of operating budgets, cost control and asset optimization, price negotiation, and vendor management.
- Provide guidance and oversight in preparation of project understandings, schedules, budgets, fee proposals and negotiations.
- Prepare annual expense and capital budget for all operational and administrative activities.
More information here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.