Shrimp Nutrition Internship - France
Thursday, November 4, 2021
Ifremer and InnovaFeed have an open internship to work on the mechanism through which the BSF meal impacts on health and zootechnical performance of the farmed penaeid shrimp. The internship aims to evaluate the digestibility of the Hermetia illucens meal in Pacific blue shrimp (L. stylirostris) and the influence of the insect meal on the shrimp’ health when incorporated at a different ratio in the shrimp pellet.
- Measure energy content of feeds containing BSF meal.
- Evaluate in vivo and in vitro BSF digestibility by the blue shrimp using a specific marker and by analyzing the shrimp feces.
- Determine zootechnical benefits (shrimp survival, growth, conversion index, quantity ingested) according to five incorporation rates (between 0 and 30%) of BSF meal as a substitute for fishmeal.
- Analyze the evolution of specific bioindicators (hepatopancreatic reserves, digestive activities, immune factors, oxidative status) in relation with the use of BSF meal in shrimp feed pellets.
The internship location will be the Ifremer, Research Unit LEAD NC, Station d’Aquacole de Saint Vincent (SASV), Bouloupari city, France. The internship will last from January to mid-August, 2022.
- Engineer level or master in marine biology/nutrition.
- Bilingual French and English. Students wishing to pursue a PhD will be given preference.
- Accommodation is available at the Station Aquacole de Saint Vincent (70 km from Nouméa).
More information here.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.