Research Scientist, Fish Health - Canada
Friday, May 20, 2022
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies is looking for a research scientist in fish health to join its team in Souris, PE, Canada. This is a full‐time, permanent position and will begin immediately with the successful candidate reporting to the director of fish health. The research team focuses on providing high-quality contract R&D support and professional services to the global aquaculture industry.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable history in running aquatic clinical studies, a strong quality mindset and be skilled in the science of GLP and GCP-related requirements and operations. In addition, the candidate should be customer-focused, a skilled communicator and have excellent writing skills. They must be independent, creative thinkers with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to have a big impact in a key area of growth for our business, servicing both internal requirements, and an external customer base. The center is looking for a pragmatic team player, who has a proven track record of delivery, is unafraid to get their hands dirty and has the ambition to match the center's ambitions.
- Study in vivo clinical and research trials.
- Adhere to the principles of Good Laboratory Practice and Good Clinical Practice.
- Write protocols and reports.
- Prepare regulatory submissions to support study execution.
- Analyze data and produce study reports.
- Design and ensure the scientific integrity of experiments
- Care and maintenance of research animals including husbandry and animal welfare checks.
- Develop and revise standard operating procedures.
- Timely completion of all projects with a high degree of quality and excellence.
- A minimum university degree including aquaculture, animal biology, microbiology, parasitology, virology, biochemistry, immunology, cell biology/physiology. Master or PhD saw as an advantage, but not essential.
- Virology and/or bacteriology experience is an advantage.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting including responsibility for documenting tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
- Research experience in a strictly controlled regulatory environment will be considered an asset.
- Willingness to learn new skills and perform routine tasks.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
- Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
The center offers a competitive salary and benefits including group health care and retirement savings plans. The closing date is June 22, 2022, or until the position is filled. Apply here.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.