BioFarm Freshwater Technical Advisor – West Mediterranean & Africa
BioMar is looking for a technically strong biologist/veterinarian/engineer with experience in freshwater operations.
BioMar is looking for a technically strong biologist/veterinarian/engineer with experience in freshwater operations. The candidate with the right profile will be an asset to consolidate BioMar’s position as the preferred feed supplier to aquafarms and advise on optimizing grow-out production.
BioMar offers a stimulating position as our Freshwater Technical Support. The primary responsibility will be to deliver high-level technical service to customers in the West Med region. Responsibilities will include:
- Customer counseling in cooperation with the sales team.
- Onsite advice to customers optimizing fish production and optimization of farm equipment, such as oxygenators, biofilters or gas management systems.
- Collect field data, analyzing, reporting, giving recommendations and following up.
- Deliver seminars to customers as per requirements as well as at conferences.
- Support quality claims on the field following BioMar’s protocols.
The candidate will be part of our team of Technical Advisors in BioFarm supporting WestMed and Africa organizations as well as customers. As a part of our WestMed Customer Service & Sales organization, the BioFarm team strives to deliver high-level technical support for the benefit of our customers, enhancing their possibilities of optimizing production. The team is characterized by an informal environment with a high competence level and good relationships.
- At least 3-5 years of experience within the field of freshwater operations.
- Formal education as a biologist/veterinarian or similar, alternatively as an engineer combined with knowledge of fish farm production.
- Understand and ability to handle growth and feeding models, but software training will be given.
- An ability to speak and write both French and Spanish fluently.
- Outgoing and trustworthy with a solid commercial focus.
- Be a strong communicator and raise your opinion in a convincing yet tactful manner.
- Be structured, detail-oriented and persistent.
- English language skills will be regarded as a plus.
- Competence in MS Excel and Office packages.
- Competence in data processing and statistics will be highly regarded.
Job locations are Dueñas, Spain or Nersac, France. Working remotely is also possible. Traveling is expected primarily in Spain, France and sometimes in Europe.
For more information and to apply, visit hbiomarpeople.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.