Zeigler Bros. Inc. is an established manufacturer of high-end specialty feeds for the aquaculture, pet, and bio-medical research industries. The company invests in a robust innovation portfolio to develop and maintain the highest performance levels for a wide variety of larval, nursery and grower feeds.
Reporting to the director of research and development, the incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to manage product development and product improvement projects. Located in Fort Pierce, Florida at the Zeigler Aquaculture Research and Development Laboratory (ZARC), responsibilities will include assisting with coordination of new and improved product testing in the Zeigler feed mill and animal testing at ZARC. The incumbent will have primary responsibility for managing contract and grant-supported research studies including coordination of diet production, animal testing, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Master’s degree with two years of experience in aquatic animal nutrition or PhD degree in biological sciences, food science and/or food/agricultural engineering, or animal nutrition.
- Hands-on experience working with feed/food products science and/or development preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills are required.
- Previous training and experience in operation and maintenance of laboratory and/or feed manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and Power Point, or alternative presentation software.
- Must be able to pass a job-related pre-employment physical and drug screening test.
Resume CV with letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.