Aquaculture included in Alltech Symposium
Thursday, February 13, 2003
The Alltech Symposium has added aquaculture to its topics for this year’s meeting, to be held May 12-14.
The global multi-species animal science meeting was attended last year by over 1,000 feed industry professionals from 65 countries. Over 70 papers were presented covering ruminant, pig, poultry, equine and pet nutrition as well as the human food industry. Alltech has added an aquaculture session for this year.
The event is held each year in Lexington, Kentucky, USA. In addition to the annual symposium, the company invests significantly in international lecture tours.
Aquaculture topics will include,
· Challenges facing aquaculture in Asia: where can we improve health
· Nucleotides from yeast: role in shrimp health and nutrition
· Trout production in America: meeting disease, stress and
· Producing Chilean salmon: improvements in disease resistance, meat
· Delivery of bioactive peptides and proteins to cultured fish with
emphasis upon the oral administration
· Critical points: the immune system of shrimp
Aquaculture speakers will include,
· Dan Fegan, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
· Scott LaPatra, Clear Springs Foods Inc., Buhl, ID
· Enrique Madrid, BioVacPuerto Montt, Chile
· Ewen McLean, Virgina TechBlacksburg, VA
For more information about the Alltech 19th Annual Feed Industry Symposium, contact Ms. Carol Juett, Events Manager, Alltech Biotechnology Center, 3031 Catnip Hill Pike, Nicholasville, KY 40356, Tel: +1-859-887-3328; Fax: +1-859-887-3256; E-mail: cjuett @ alltech.com or your local Alltech representative.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.