A week left to register for Canadian finfish nutrition course
Monday, March 10, 2003
Finfish Nutrition Course,
March 24-25, 2003
Holiday Inn Express, Moncton, N.B.
The aim of this Canadian Aquaculture Institute and AquaNet course is to update hatchery managers, aquaculture industry personnel and students of the recent developments in aquaculture nutrition, fish feeds and feeding.
Early Bird Registration Fee = $290.00 + HST/person ($333.50 total) if paid on or before February 24
Registration Fee = $300/person+15% HST ($345.00 total) if paid after February 24
Registration Deadline is Monday, March 17, 2003
(If registration numbers do not reach required level by this date, CAI reserves the right to postpone the course to a later date).
Accommodations are available at the Holiday Inn Express at a rate of $95.00 + HST/room. Please call 1-800-595-4656 to make your reservation before February 23 and please use the corporate account name "Canadian Aquaculture Institute".
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Introduction to Fish Nutrition (nutrients and energy, nutrient requirements, species differences, other dietary components, nutrition and product quality)
- Fish Feeds (feed formulation, feed types, feed manufacturing technology, special feeds, feed quality, feed storage)
- Nutrition and Health (general principles, nutritional diseases, practical issues)
- Feeding Fish (general concepts, environmental factors and food consumption, feeding behaviour, techniques for measuring food intake, how much to feed, feeding larval fish)
- Feeding Systems and Feed Management (feed planning and production plans, distribution of feed, feeding techniques, feeding systems)
- Fish Feeds - An Industry Perspective (Ingredients, economics of feed production and feeding, feed regulations, economical aspects, other feed related issues)
Terry Drost - Corey Aquafeeds
Santosh Lall - National Research Council-Inst of Marine Biosciences
Dave Speare - Atlantic Veterinary College
Sean Tibbetts - National Research Council-Inst of Marine Biosciences
Please visit CAI's website at www.upei.ca/~cai for all program, registration and sponsorship opportunity details!
or contact Kelly Cantelo for further information by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 1 (902) 628-4335.
Check out the latest industry job openings in our Job Board.
We are social. Connect with us on:
Sign Up For Our Publications
Select a newsletter/magazine and submit your e-mail to subscribe.