Zeigler Bros. is looking for a technical sales representative to oversee the market development and sales growth of the company’s shrimp hatchery, nursery and maturation products in key regions of Indonesia.
Basic function and scope of responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
The candidate will drive localized market development and sales growth of Zeigler shrimp hatchery, nursery and maturation products in key regions of Indonesia. Success will be achieved through cultivating a large network of relationships with all levels of hatchery and farm staff and working with them to increase their operation’s profitability by using Zeigler products and supporting tools. These connections will facilitate the effective transfer of technical information in a manner that fits the individual needs of the audience.
- Routine and rotating tours of all major shrimp hatchery, nursery, and maturation market areas in Indonesia with visits to both client and non-client operations.
- Provide technical guidance and support to market audience with emphasis on nutrition, feeds, and feed management.
- Provide feedback from customers and requirements and experiences to the Technical Manager - Asia (technical-related) and Sales Manager - Asia (sales-related).
- Support sales of products through demonstration of proof of performance.
- Provide training and education to distributor and direct customer network staff.
- Provide presentations/tutorials to hatchery staff in support of customer and industry needs.
- Attend industry trade shows and conferences as needed.
- Participate in on-site management of feeding trials as needed.
- Collect and update market production information and trends as requested.
- Increase sales of Zeigler hatchery, nursery, and maturation products through effective on-site training, education, and technical support.
- Manage and document effectively customer visits and account development by encoding information through CRM software.
- Provide documented reports with feedback from customer technical issues and requirements.
- Oversee presentations and training programs in support of products and coordinate the development of proof of value (POV) in Indonesia.
- Maintenance of updated hatchery/nursery customer database with production information and general demographics.
- Work closely with the distribution partner to facilitate the conversion of trials into sales.
Minimum of a Bachelor of science degree in the field of aquaculture and fisheries and or related discipline.
Training, skills, knowledge and/or experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in shrimp hatchery management and or sales of aquatic feeds.
- Fluent in both Bahasa and English (spoken and written).
- Experience and knowledge in all aspects of shrimp larval and nursery-rearing culture.
- Excellent people skills; understand how to work with all types of personalities and recognize the value in client relationships at every level in their management chain.
- Problem-solving skills; identify issues, find a resolution, and take the initiative to implement them.
- Self-starter; the position involves independent decision-making and requires a person with strong work discipline.
- Experience in training within shrimp hatchery operations.
- Able to travel extensively in Indonesia.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint or alternative presentation software.
- Effective communication skills, oral and written.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Effective listening and responsiveness with customers and distributors.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.