The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand, is organizing Aquaculture Nutrition and Feed Technology Master Class that will take place from April 17-21, 2023. The event aims to introduce recent technological and farm management advances in aquaculture nutrition, feed technology and precision feeding/feed management strategies, related problems, and problem-solving strategies.
The course is designed for practitioners in the aquaculture industry who want to stay up-to-date with the latest innovations in aquaculture nutrition, feeds and precision feeding technologies. Participants will learn about the most cutting-edge techniques for formulating, manufacturing, and delivering aquafeeds and how these can be used to improve fish growth, health, and welfare while minimizing environmental impacts.
Topics covered include:
- Latest advances in aquaculture nutrition, feeds and feeding technologies
- Alternative protein and energy sources for aquaculture feeds
- Novel nutritional, technological, sensory, and zootechnical additives
- Innovations in feed processing, storage, and delivery
- Strategies for minimizing waste and improving feed efficiency
- Assessment of ingredient and feed quality (QC & QA), safety, and sustainability
- Presentations and panel discussions of aquaculture industry experts
By the end of the course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of the latest aquaculture nutrition and feed technologies and be equipped with the knowledge and skills to optimize fish production and sustainability in the twenty-first century.
The course fee is USD 1,800 per person, including accommodation and meals. Participants will also receive a complimentary membership to the World Aquaculture Society and its Asian-Pacific Chapter for one year. Details of the benefits of a WAS membership can be found here.
The course will take place at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Pathum Thani campus, and Kasetsart University, Bangkhaen campus. For more information and to register, download the file below or visit aitaquaculture.org.