The Institute for Feed Education and Research (IFEEDER) released its 2020-21 annual update providing financial and project highlights for the 501(c)(3) public charity.
“Since its beginning, IFEEDER has supported the animal feed and pet food industries through education and research. However, as the animal protein and pet food landscape evolves, so has our strategy,” said Tim Belstra, IFEEDER Board of Trustees chair, 2020-21. “Through industry input, stakeholder action and consumer trends, we are guided toward focusing our efforts on sustainability. With that as a focal point, we’re building a strategy directed by a clear mission and vision.”
The annual update provides details on several IFEEDER projects, including:
- Providing insights into a stable animal food supply chain.
- Exploring the impacts of non-GM livestock and poultry feed.
- Charting resources for a sustainability journey.
- Informing consumer choice through credible science and subject matter expertise.
- Modeling virus transmission potential to ensure a safe animal food supply.
In addition to the project updates, the annual report details IFEEDER’s support of two funds – the Kenny Berg Research and Education Fund and the American Feed Industry Association’s Equipment Manufacturers Committee’s Scholarship Fund. The report is available at ifeeder.org/annual-report.